NaturoPure™ Air Purifiers
NaturoPure™ HF 380A Intelligent Air Purifier with Remote Control
- Targeted Pollutants
- BEFORE USING
- EXPLANATION OF INDICATORS
- OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
Outperforms Consumer Reports Top-Rated Air Purifier in Toxin Test! Nearly 100% effective in clinical tests, and five times more effective in toxin removal test than top-rated model. Also killed 100% of aspergillus mold in clinical tests.
- Odor, dust and allergen sensors let you know when certain pollutants are detected, such as cigarette smoke, chemicals, dust mites, pollen, pet dander, mold spores and many more.
- The clean air monitor tells you how clean or polluted the air is, removing the guesswork.
- Select "Automatic" mode to maximize performance and energy savings.
- Diagnostic sensors indicate when to replace filters, and when to clean the metal dust collector grid.
- The UV light and negative ion indicators let you know that these functions are working, and indicate when the UV lamp needs to be replaced, so it is not left in too long or replaced prematurely.
- The washable pre filter does not require replacement, and enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
- Electrostatically-charged dust collection grideffectively traps charged particles & pollutants like a magnet. Simply wipe clean when dirty.
- Activated carbon filter traps chemicals, gases and odors.
- Long-lasting, high-efficiency HEPA filter - most effective way to capture dust and allergens.
- Photocatalytic oxidation (TiO2) filter which effectively reduces chemicals, bacteria and odors.
- Germicidal UV lamp destroys micro-organisms.
- Air-cleaning negative ions are circulated throughout the room. Completely safe (virtually no ozone), and scientifically proven to be effective and to enhance filter efficiency.
- Odour, dust and allergen sensors for automatic air quality control
- UV light and Negative Ion indicator sensor
- Photo catalytic oxidation (TiO2) filter which effectively reduces chemicals
- HEPA filter – 99.97% collections rate
- Voltage: 100-120 VAC, 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 80 Watts (Highest Fan Setting)
- Negative Ion Output: >4,000,000/cm3
- UV Wavelength: 254 nm (germicidal wavelength)
- Sound Level (dB): Quiet (20), Low (35), Medium (45), High (52)
- Air Volume: 106cfm (Highest Fan Setting)
- HEPA Filter Removal Rate: 99.97% at 0.3 microns
- Dimensions (in): 24 x 13.5 x 10
- Weight (lbs): 15
- Applicable Area: Up to 650 sq. ft.
- Ozone Output: Less than 1 part per billion at 2" away from unit (UL standard is <50ppb)
Follow these steps to optimize accuracy of clean air sensors:
- Run the unit for a couple hours or more.
- During this time, also increase ventilation in the room as much as possible, even opening a window if the air outside is at least fairly clean.
- Unplug the HF 380A, then immediately plug it in, turn it on, and resume operation.
Unplugging the HF 380A, then plugging it in again resets the clean air sensor’s memory. By first ensuring the air is as clean as possible, and then immediately resetting, the sensor will be more accurate once you resume normal operation.
EXPLANATION OF INDICATORS
Negative Ion Indicator
- During the process when negative ions are generated, the blue indicator will gradually change from bright to dim and from dim to bright every 5 seconds.
- The odor indicator will glow whenever the odor sensor detects odor (such as indoor smoke).
Dust and Irritant Indicator
- The dust-and-irritant indicator will glow whenever dust or other irritants are detected.
Air Quality surveillance
- Whenever odor, dust or irritants are detected, the air quality surveillance function will indicate the level of pollution. When pollution is severe, all LED will glow.
Place the device at least 30cm from the wall and where children cannot touch within a sort range of distance.
How to Start
- Plug into a proper socket. Press the POWER ON/OFF button. The device starts operating as the negative ion UV indicator is on. Press POWER ON/OFF again to turn off the device.
- This device has five different fan modes to choose from. Please choose a proper level of circulation according to indoor air quality and room size. As you press FLOW, the fan mode will change according to the number of times you press the button. The LED will show the following sequence of modes:
- Keep pressing the FLOW button until the device run under automatic operation (the LED will show AUTO).
- Under automatic operation, the device automatically switches to the proper running modes (MED or LOW) according to the level of odor, dust or irritants in the air as detected by the sensor. As the air is purified, the device will automatically switch back to LOW or Quite modes.
- Press TIMER button to set operation duration.
- Under TIMER function, the operation duration will be set according to the number of times you press the TIMER button. The LED will show the following sequence of timing.
- Dust/Dust Mites. The Hepa air filter in the Intelli-Pro is highly effective at capturing solid particles such as dust and dust mites. According to the Journal of Hygiene, ionizers help to increase the efficiency of filters, by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Plus, negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air you breathe, and have been found to be extremely effective at controlling dust by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture studies. UV light can be deadly for dust mites.
- Bacteria. Many bacteria are effectively captured by the Hepa air filter, as well as the anti-bacterial pre-filter (which also disinfects bacteria). The germicidal UV lamp serves to disinfect the bacteria trapped by the Hepa filter. Plus, according to studies by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, ionizers/negative ions are extremely effective at reducing airborne bacteria. The Intelli-Pro also includes a photocatalytic oxidation filter, which has proven to be effective at destroying bacteria.
- Pollen and Other Allergens. Hepa air filters are commonly recommended filter for allergens, and are generally considered the most effective filter for allergens. Ionizers/negative ions increase the efficiency of filters by causing airborne particles to conglomerate, making them easier to capture. Plus, negative ions also cause airborne particles to precipitate out of the air you breathe.
- Mold/Fungi. Mold spores are effectively captured by Hepa air filters, especially with the help of ionizers/negative ions. UV light is deadly against the microbiological toxins associated with mold. The activatedcarbon filtration and photocatalytic oxidation technologies used by the Intelli-Pro are effective against mildew smells.
- Cigarette Smoke. The carbon air filter in the Intelli-Pro absorbs smoke particles and the toxic chemicals associated with cigarette smoke. With the help of the photocatalytic oxidation filter, it also helps to reduce or eliminate odors from cigarette smoke. The ionizer/negative ions also remove smoke particles from air.
- Chemicals and VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). The carbon air filter is very effective at absorbing chemicals and gases. Also, photocatalytic oxidation has proven to be effective at breaking up chemical compounds. Furthermore, the ionizer also helps to neutralize chemical fumes.
- Germs/Viruses. The UV light is deadly against micro-organisms such as germs/viruses, and highly effective at destroying them as they pass by the UV lamp. Negative ions have also been known to help to neutralize viruses.
- Odors. Both the photocatalytic oxidation filter and activated carbon air filter are effective at eliminating or reducing strong odors.
- Carbon Monoxide. A statistically significant decrease of CO values was found with an ionizer activated. This was discovered by researchers at Brompton Hospital in London, and published in European Respiratory Journal.
U.S. Government Recommendations
The U.S. Government recommends technologies used in the Intelli-Pro air purifier.
U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC) recommends air purifier with both HEPA Filter and UV Light. The CDC also recommends UV lights in homeless shelters to prevent the spread of disease, particularly TB (tuberculosis).
Dept. of Homeland Security recommends HEPA air filters, along with a pre-filter to preserve the life of the HEPA filter.
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture found negative ions (ionizers) to be highly effective against dust and bacteria in recent studies.
U.S. Department of Energy found that photocatalytic oxidation air purification destroyed VOC chemicals at a significant rate, even at high air flow rates.